Sunday, November 7, 2010

Concrete slabs, rusty masts and brand new Combino's

I've tackled two jobs this weekend: making overhead masts (design based more or less on these) and painting the tram track.
I would like to show some of the process, but I'm having trouble uploading pictures from my mobile phone to blogger, so you'll have to do with this picture of the results for now.
Will upload some pictures of the work in progress when I have figured out the problem.

By the way, really looking forward to the release of Modemo's Combino. Some mouthwatering pictures of the prototype can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting car that you linked to. Where is that?

    The diamond pantograph looks like two faivleys back-to-back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its in Achinsk, Russia - http://ymtram.mashke.org/russia/achinsk/. The car is a ktm 5, I believe the most produced tram type ever. It has quite a destinctive pantograph.

    ReplyDelete